FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why rent vs. buy?
Renting your furniture allows you to keep your options open, in case you need to move or change your space. If you end up staying in your house, then you can always own the furniture after renting it for 24 months.
If you are looking from now on for your long-term furniture, then renting it allows you to buy it in 24 installments.
In all cases, we offer the best experience with a hassle-free service, including free delivery and assembly of items.
What are the differences between the Short-Term Plan and the Long-Term Plan?
Our rental plans are tailored to accommodate your unique needs, whether you're seeking a short-term solution or a long-term commitment.
Short-Term Plan: Ideal for Temporary Needs
- Minimum renting period: 3-month contract.
- Suitable For: Temporary setups and transitional phases.
Long-Term Plan: Perfect for Extended Use
- Minimum renting period: 12-month contract.
- Suitable For: More permanent living situations or refreshing your space over time.
- Ownership: the furniture is yours after 24 months.
- High-Quality Furniture: Stylish and durable options at competitive prices.
- Budget-Friendly: Designed to keep your home looking great without breaking the bank.
- Flexibility: Furnish your space with ease; swap or return for free after the contract period.
- Early Return: 50% of remaining contract payments if returned early.
What’s your return policy?
Our return policy is designed with your flexibility in mind.
- During Delivery: if some of the items you receive don't meet your expectations, you can reject them before our delivery team leaves your premises. You will be fully refunded for these items (1st Month + Deposit + Delivery Fees, if applicable).
- Before the end of your Contract: If you wish to return your rented furniture before the end of your minimum rent period, you can do so by paying 50% of the remaining contract payments.
- After your Contract period: you can return the furniture for free.
I have placed an order, is there anything else I need to do?
- If you have leased the items, please look for the Lease Agreement and deposit payment link, which will be sent to your email. You will need to electronically sign the Lease Agreement and send us your Emirates ID copy and Ejari (or rental contract under your name) along with it. Please note that the delivery cannot take place if the Lease Agreement is not signed or if the deposit is not paid.
- We will contact you no later than 48 hours before the delivery to confirm the delivery time slot.
- If a move-in permit or lift reservation is required at your premises, please obtain the necessary approvals. The permit/reservation can be under the name of ‘MAKAN Home Trading’ if required.
Do I need to provide a deposit and when will it be returned?
Yes, we ask for a one-month deposit to ensure the protection of our furniture. This deposit is completely refundable once the furniture is returned at the end of your lease agreement (or if you end up owning it).
Please, note that the deposit can only be refunded if there are no outstanding subscription payments.
Do you provide only rental/lease service or can I buy your furniture too?
We provide rental/lease and outright purchase. We also have an option of upfront payment for the subscription (example: lease for 12 months but paid upfront), this option might come with discounts too. Reach out to us if you are interested!
I am a tourist, can I use your services?
Yes, tourists can use our services! Our Short-Term Plan is perfect for those staying in the area for a brief period, such as a 3-month vacation or short-term project. It offers the flexibility to furnish your temporary accommodation with stylish and high-quality furniture, making your stay more comfortable and enjoyable.
Which cities do you cover in UAE?
Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah. Delivery is free for orders above AED 390, an AED 199 fee will be charged for orders below this amount.
How does MAKAN work?
MAKAN helps you create a dream home with zero hassle and zero commitment in 4 easy steps:
- Choose your plan: Short Term rental, Long Term rental or Buy.
- Select furniture you like: Find premium, curated furniture sourced direct from manufacturer. Select designer curated bundles curated for an easy shopping experience.
- Get your items delivered and set-up: Enjoy your new space within 1 week. We deliver and assemble everything at once. Need it before? Just reach out to us.
- Swap, return or buy your items: Swap, return, or buy your furniture at any time. It will never cost you more than retail price
Can I buy the furniture upfront?
If you prefer to buy the furniture upfront instead of renting it, no problem. Change your plan to “Buy”, and maybe you will get a little discount :). On the website, under “select your plan”, choose “Buy”
How do I reschedule my delivery?
If you need to reschedule your delivery, just contact our customer support to find a new date. The rescheduling will be:
- With no charges if you reschedule 72 hours in advance
- Charged AED 199 if you reschedule 24-72 hours before delivery
- Charged AED 399 if you reschedule less than 24 hours before delivery
How does the delivery work?
We know moving to a new house can come with a lot of stress. We set up a very smooth delivery process to minimize the hassle on you:
- We deliver and assemble all products
- Upon placing your order on the website, you will choose a delivery date – we offer delivery dates as within 7 working days after your order is placed
- You will need to sign your lease agreement and pay the deposit before the delivery date
- The time slot for the delivery will be of 3 hours. Delivery and assembly may be completed outside of the delivery slot hours
- Remember to reserve freight elevators and loading docks if required by your building
- Please clear all entrances and hallways for our delivery team. Also, our team cannot move non-MAKAN items in your home
Upon placing my order how fast can I get my furniture?
Upon placing your order on the website, you will choose a delivery date – we offer delivery dates within 7 days after your order is placed
What happens at the end of my lease?
You have several options:
Buy out your pieces
Extend lease duration
Swap out your pieces
Return your pieces
How do I buy an item I’m renting?
You can decide to buy your pieces at any time. You’ll pay the original retail price minus what you’ve already paid during your lease.
Can I swap my items ?
Yes! You can refresh and swap out your items at the end of your lease. However, if the swap is done before the end of the minimum rental period, a payment of 50% of remaining contract payments is will be required.
Please note that a new contract, with its own minimum rental period, will start for the new items you will receive.
Do I need to sign a lease contract?
Yes, if you are renting your items, you will receive a Lease Agreement detailing your rental plan with MAKAN. Please review and sign this document at your earliest convenience; we cannot schedule your delivery unless it has been signed.
Which documents are required to rent furniture?
We require a valid Emirates ID and an ejari or lease contract under your name
What if I don't like the items I leased/purchased?
If you want to cancel an item before the delivery:
- Both deposits and 1st month payment (done during checkout) are refunded
If you want to cancel an item during the delivery
- Client needs to inform the delivery team during their presence at his home
- Both deposits and 1st month payment (done during checkout) are refunded
If you want to cancel an item after the delivery
- If you cancel before the end of the minimum renting period, you will pay 50% of remaining contract payments. Your deposit will be refunded.
- If you return the furniture after the end of the minimum renting period, the cancellation is free. Your deposit will be refunded as well.
What if I move to a different home during my lease?
The furniture is leased to you, so you are free to move them to your new home. Please do contact us to give us your new address, in order to update the lease agreement and for hassle free pickup at the end of the lease.
If you require any assistance to move your Makan furniture, you can reach out to our Customer Success team via email (email@example.com) or WhatsApp
Will I automatically own the furniture if my total lease amount equals the furniture cost?
Yes, it’s that simple.
Can I buy the furniture I have already leased and what is the amount I need to pay?
Yes, absolutely. You can choose to buy out the items at any time at the original retail price minus the lease amount you have already paid.
What happens if I need to return something before I've met the minimum term?
If you are ready to return an item or end your plan, you can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us through WhatsApp to request the return and pick up, our team will contact you to schedule the pickup.
Please note that if you are returning items before the end of your minimum rental period, you will need to pay for 50% of the remaining amount.
Please refer to the example below:
- For an armchair priced at AED 99/month for a 12 months lease
- If you subscribed to this armchair with a Long Term subscription (minimum rental period 12 months) and– Cancel the item in the eighth month of your lease: you will be charged an additional (12-8)x50%×99=188 AED to cancel your subscription.
- If you cancel after 12 months, you will not be charged for the return.
When will I be charged?
You will be charged for the first month during checkout and from then, you will be invoiced monthly, starting one month after the delivery date.
How do I change my payment method?
Please contact us and we will guide you to add a new payment method.
Do I need to provide any documents for the lease?
Yes, we require a valid Emirates ID and an Ejari or lease contract under your name. If you are in the process of receiving your Emirates ID; you can send us a copy of Government issued UAE visa.
Where does your furniture come from?
Most of our products come from premium manufacturers in the UAE, the same that supply well known 5-star hotels such as Marriott and Hilton.
Is MAKAN furniture used?
All purchased items are new. Rented items are in new or like-new condition. Our pieces go through a thorough 7-step refurbishment process before they get delivered.
What happens if my pieces get damaged?
Treat the furniture as your own! We expect regular wear-and-tear (e.g. coffee stain). More extensive damages (e.g. broken table), are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Can I see the products before I buy or rent, do you have a showroom?
MAKAN is currently an exclusive online store, and we don’t have a showroom. We cut sales costs, retail costs, to bring you high-end furniture at an affordable cost.
However, to guarantee your satisfaction, we have a no-questions-asked free return and full refund policy if you are not satisfied with a product during delivery (please note that the returns, if any, will need to be at the time of delivery).
How do I take care of the items?
Treat the furniture like your own. Here are a few points on how to take care of some of the different fabric/items:
- Mattress: It is advisable to rotate the mattress every few months. If you need to clean it, please use a damp cloth and leave it to dry once cleaned
- Carpets: Vacuuming regularly keeps the carpet in good condition, we recommend to use long strokes while vacuuming. For cleaning, use a dry cloth as soon as you see the need to in order to absorb the dust/spill
- Fabric/Upholstery: Dry cloth dab works best, we recommend attending to the dust/spot as soon as possible to avoid long term stains
- Wood: We recommend furniture/wood cleaners usage along with dry cloth. Also coasters are the best way to avoid glass/can stains
- Metal: Dry cloth dusting is recommended along with attending to dust/spots immediately
- Everything else: In short, taking care of spots/spills/dust immediately is always advisable