FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why rent vs. buy?
Renting your furniture allows you to keep your options open, in case you need to move or change your space. If you end up staying in your house, then you can always own the furniture after renting it for 24 months.
If you are looking from now on for your long-term furniture, then renting it allows you to buy it in 24 installments.
In all cases, we offer the best experience with a hassle-free service, including free delivery and assembly of items.
What’s your return policy?
We encourage you to check the items at the time of delivery and if you are not happy with them, we offer a no-questions-asked free return. Your deposit and the first month will be refunded, and your subscription canceled for this item. Please note that free returns will not be possible after delivery.
I have placed an order, is there anything else I need to do?
- If you have leased the items, please look for the lease agreement which will be sent to your email. You will need to electronically sign the lease and send us your Emirates ID copy and Ejari (or lease agreement) along with it. Please note that the delivery cannot be scheduled without a signed lease copy hence we request you to send the signed copy back to us as soon as possible.
- We will contact you 48 hours before the delivery to confirm the delivery time slot.
- If a move-in permit or lift reservation is to be done at your premises, please obtain the necessary approvals. The permit/reservation can be under the name of ‘MAKAN Home Trading’ if required.
Do I need to provide a deposit and when will it be returned?
Yes, we ask for a one-month deposit to ensure the protection of our furniture. This deposit is completely refundable once the furniture is returned at the end of your lease agreement (or if you end up owning it).
Do you provide only rental/lease service or can I buy your furniture too?
We provide rental/lease and outright purchase. We also have an option of upfront payment for the subscription (example: lease for 12 months but paid upfront), this option might come with discounts too. Reach out to us if you are interested!
I am a tourist, can I use your services?
Currently we provide our rental services for UAE residents only.
Which cities do you cover in UAE?
Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah. Delivery in Dubai is free. For Sharjah and Abu Dhabi, we charge a nominal additional cost of AED 499.
How does MAKAN work?
MAKAN helps you create a dream home with zero hassle and zero commitment in 4 easy steps:
- Choose your plan lease duration: Select your plan (monthly rental or buy).
- Select furniture you like: Find premium, curated furniture sourced direct from manufacturer. Select designer curated bundles curated for an easy shopping experience.
- Get your items delivered and setup: Enjoy your new space within 1 week. We deliver and assemble everything at once. Need it before? Just reach out to us.
- Swap, return or buy your items: Swap, return, or buy your furniture at any time. It will never cost you more than retail price
Can I buy the furniture upfront?
If you prefer to buy the furniture upfront instead of renting it, no problem. Change your plan to “Buy”, and maybe you will get a little discount :). On the website, under “select your plan”, choose “Buy”
How do I reschedule my delivery?
If you need to reschedule your delivery, just contact our customer support to find a new date. The rescheduling will be:
- With no charges if you reschedule 72 hours in advance
- Charged AED 199 if you reschedule 24-72 hours before delivery
- Charged AED 399 if you reschedule less than 24 hours before delivery
How does the delivery work?
We know moving to a new house can come with a lot of stress. We set up a very smooth delivery process to minimize the hassle on you:
- We deliver and assemble all products
- Upon placing your order on the website, you will choose a delivery date – we offer delivery dates as soon as 7 days after your order is in place
- You will need to sign your lease agreement at least 5 days before delivery
- The time slot for the delivery would be 3 hours. Delivery and assembly may be completed outside of the delivery slot hours
- Remember to reserve freight elevators and loading docks if required by your building
- Please clear all entrances and hallways for our delivery team. Also, our team cannot move non-MAKAN items in your home
Upon placing my order how fast can I get my furniture?
Upon placing your order on the website, you will choose a delivery date – we offer delivery dates as soon as 7 days after your order is placed
What happens at the end of my lease?
You have several options:
Buy out your pieces
Extend lease duration
Swap out your pieces
Return your pieces
How do I buy an item I’m renting?
You can decide to buy your pieces at any time. You’ll pay the original retail price minus what you’ve already paid during your lease.
Can I swap my items during the lease?
Yes! You can refresh and swap out your items after a minimum 6-month lease. The swap fee is AED 399 per trip (and can include as many items as you want). Your lease will then be adjusted.
Do I need to sign a lease?
Yes, if you are renting your items, you will receive a lease detailing your rental plan with MAKAN. Please review and sign this document at your earliest convenience; we cannot schedule your trip without a signed lease.
Which documents are required to rent furniture?
We require a valid Emirates ID and an ejari or lease contract under your name
What if I don't like the items I leased/purchased?
If you want to cancel an item before the delivery:
- Both deposits and 1st month payment (done during checkout) are refunded
If you want to cancel an item during the delivery
- Client needs to inform the delivery team during their presence at his home
- Both deposits and 1st month payment (done during checkout) are refunded
If you want to cancel an item after the delivery
- If you cancel your lease before half of your lease period, 3 additional months of penalty apply
- If you cancel your lease after half of your lease period, 2 additional months of penalty apply
What if I move to a different home during my lease?
The furniture is leased to you, so you are free to move them to your new home. Please do contact us to give us your new address, in order to update the lease agreement and for hassle free pickup at the end of the lease.
Will I automatically own the furniture if my total lease amount equals the furniture cost?
Yes, it’s that simple.
Can I buy the furniture I have already leased and what is the amount I need to pay?
Yes, absolutely. You can choose to buy out the items at any time at the original retail price minus the lease amount you have already paid.
What happens if I need to return something before I've met the minimum term?
If you are ready to return an item or end your plan, you can send us an email to email@example.com or contact us through WhatsApp to request the return and pick up, our team will contact you to schedule the pickup.
Please note that your lease duration will be adjusted accordingly, and we will charge you the pending amount.
Please refer to the example below:
- For an armchair priced atAED 99/month for a 12 months lease
- If you subscribed to this armchair for a 12 months lease and– Cancel the item in the first month of your lease: you will be charged an additional 3×99=297AED to cancel your subscription– Cancel the item after 7months of rental: you will be charged 2×99=188AED to cancel your subscription
When will I be charged?
You will be charged for the first month during checkout and from then on 1 month from the date of delivery.
How do I change my payment method?
Please contact us and we will guide you to add a new payment method.
Do I need to provide any documents for the lease?
Yes, we will require a copy of your valid Emirates ID, if you are in the process of receiving one; you can send us a copy of Government issued UAE visa.
Where does your furniture come from?
Most of our products come from premium manufacturers in the UAE, the same that supply well known 5-star hotels such as Marriott and Hilton.
Is MAKAN furniture used?
All purchased items are new. Rented items are in new or like-new condition. Our pieces go through a thorough 7-step refurbishment process before they get delivered.
What happens if my pieces get damaged?
Treat the furniture as your own! We expect regular wear-and-tear (e.g. coffee stain). More extensive damages (e.g. broken table), are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Can I see the products before I buy or rent, do you have a showroom?
MAKAN is currently an exclusive online store, and we don’t have a showroom. We cut sales costs, retail costs, to bring you high-end furniture at an affordable cost.
However, to guarantee your satisfaction, we have a no-questions-asked free return and full refund policy if you are not satisfied with a product during delivery (please note that the returns, if any, will need to be at the time of delivery).
How do I take care of the items?
Treat the furniture like your own. Here are a few points on how to take care of some of the different fabric/items:
- Mattress: It is advisable to rotate the mattress every few months. If you need to clean it, please use a damp cloth and leave it to dry once cleaned
- Carpets: Vacuuming regularly keeps the carpet in good condition, we recommend to use long strokes while vacuuming. For cleaning, use a dry cloth as soon as you see the need to in order to absorb the dust/spill
- Fabric/Upholstery: Dry cloth dab works best, we recommend attending to the dust/spot as soon as possible to avoid long term stains
- Wood: We recommend furniture/wood cleaners usage along with dry cloth. Also coasters are the best way to avoid glass/can stains
- Metal: Dry cloth dusting is recommended along with attending to dust/spots immediately
- Everything else: In short, taking care of spots/spills/dust immediately is always advisable